Best Cinco de Mayo Appetizers at Trader Joe’s in Bend
Trader Joe’s in Bend is a must-stop at CVSC. With Cinco de Mayo around the corner, there’s no better place to get party appetizers.Here’s everything you need—from ready-made items to fresh ingredients— to make your Cinco de Mayo party successful.
Ready Made Options
These tiny corn tortillas are filled with a delectable mixture of pulled chicken breast meat and roasted green salsa then fried to perfection. The result? The tiniest, tastiest bite your crowd will eat up.
Crisp them in your air-fryer, bake them in your oven, or zap them in the microwave and get ready for everyone to beg you for the recipe.
In this mouth-watering salsa, you’ll taste citrus tang and a hint of sweetness, thanks to the mixture of corn, onions, red bell peppers, and black beans, which are mortared with chipotle peppers, adobo sauce, and lime juice.
Use Trader Joe’s Elote Corn Chip Dippers as the perfect vessel for this textured, flavor-filled salsa.
Black Bean & Cheese Taquitos
These Mexico-made taquitos consist of a rolled corn tortilla stuffed with seasoned black beans and cheese—60% filling and 40% tortilla!
Delicious flavors are wrapped in bites, making these the perfect appetizer for this holiday!
Cheese & Green Chile Tamales
Tamales don’t have to be an all-day ordeal. These hand-wrapped corn husks are stuffed with Monterey Jack cheese, spicy green chiles, and red chile puree—ready to eat in five minutes!
Microwave, bake, or air-fry, and your guests are ready to feast.
Made from Scratch
Mexican Street Dip
- One package TJ’s Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 jar TJ’s Cowboy Caviar Salsa
- 3/4 cup TJ’s Organic Pepper Jack Cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup TJ’s Fancy Shredded Mexican Blend Cheese
- 1/4 cup TJ’s Roasted Corn
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a baking dish with cooking spray, and set aside.
- Microwave cream cheese in 1-minute intervals, whipping with a fork until warm and smooth. Add Cowboy Caviar, pepper jack cheese, and 3/4 cup Mexican blend cheese, and stir to combine. Scrape mixture into prepared baking dish and top with remaining cheese and roasted corn.
- Bake for 30 minutes until browned and bubbling. Cool and dig in using your TJ’s dipping chips of choice.
- TJ’s fresh or Frozen Roasted Corn
- TJ’s Everything but the Elote Seasoning Blend
- ¼ stick butter
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- One lime
- Microwave your frozen corn or grill your corn on the cob until cooked, tossing every few minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in the microwave in 30-second increments then use a pastry brush to cover the corn on every side.
- Top with mayonnaise and a sprinkle of lime juice.
- Cover corn generously in Trader Joe’s Everything but the Elote Seasoning Blend.
Run, Don’t Walk to Trader Joe’s in Bend!
We’d be lying if we said we don’t eat these delicious Mexican appetizers all year! But an extra reason to celebrate means friends and family can join in the fun and the feast! Head to your local Trader Joe’s in Bend, Oregon, to snag these great-tasting Cinco de Mayo appetizers!