Get All Your Holiday Shopping Done At The Cascade Village
Holiday music is blasting on the radio, the mountain is open, and the lights are twinkling around town. If you’ve waited to start your holiday shopping until now (or forgot about it—we won’t judge!), the CVSC is your one-stop, one-day shopping destination with a diverse selection that includes everything from niche gifts to treats for Santa.
Holiday Shopping Made Easy
The Cascade Village’s 34 acres on Bend’s north side is home to more than three dozen shops and restaurants that suit every need, style, and appetite. When it comes to holiday shopping in Bend, there’s no better place than our open-air center with breathtaking views of the Cascade Mountain range.
With one day and one stop, you can find the perfect gifts, plan your holiday meals, and even sneak in a treat for Santa while you’re at it. We’ve got some ideas to get you started…
Gift Ideas For Everyone On Your List
We know it can be hard to find gifts for everyone on your list—especially those that fit the trifecta of useful, unique, and thoughtful. If you’re feeling stuck on your holiday shopping adventure, here are some gift ideas (broken down by person) we love.
For parents and parent figures…
Parents can be notoriously hard to please with “I don’t need anything” as a standard answer. Surprise and delight them with:
- A gourmet food gift basket from Food 4 Less’s local zone, complete with artisan treats and locally-made lotions.
- Treats and toys to pamper their fur babies from PetSmart.
- A gift card to local dining like Shinsei or Moose Sisters (better yet if you can join them for the meal!).
This one ranges quite a bit depending on their age and interests, but some crowd-pleasing options include:
- A new phone and accessories from AT&T.
- Low and high-tech toys from Best Buy, like this electric scooter.
- New clothes from Ross Dress For Less that’ll keep them warm all season long.
Keep the sibling bond strong with experience- and hobby-based gifts that show them you pay attention.
- A workshop experience at Board & Brush where the gift is quality time and a piece of art.
- Sporting equipment from Dick’s Sporting Goods to make their favorite hobby better.
- A gift card to Pretty Nails for some pampering.
Many times, friends can be as close (or closer than) family. Show your appreciation with options like:
- A snack basket from Trader Joe’s stuffed with their favorites.
- Cool tech from Best Buy, like a Hatch Sound Machine or a portable speaker.
- Gear for their favorite sports team (and plans to watch the game together!) from Pro Image.
Depending on your work relationship, a gift for a coworker is probably going to be fairly simple. Some ideas include:
- Imported holiday treats from World Market, like Walkers Mince Pies or Wicklein Gingerbread Star Cookies.
- A gift card to Starbucks to keep them warm and caffeinated.
- Office helpers from Best Buy, like a wireless mouse or smart notebook.
Don’t forget to stop by World Market before you leave for gift-wrapping supplies!
Full Bellies and Overflowing Stockings
Unforgettable gifts aren’t the only kind of holiday shopping you can get done during your CVSC trip. Whether you’re hosting out-of-town guests and need easy meal and snack options or putting together a holiday feast, Food 4 Less or Trader Joe’s are well-stocked with delicious finds.
At Trader Joe’s, find affordable, unique options like Apple and Pumpkin Hand Pies, Mini Chocolate Mousse Desserts, Ratatouille Bites, Boozy Macarons, Old Fashioned Wine-Based Egg Nog, and more. At Food 4 Less you can find everything you need, from gourmet meats and cheeses for charcuterie boards to a fully stocked Local Zone featuring seasonal favorites and coffee from local Backporch and Sisters Coffee Co.
Both of these stores also have some of our favorite options for easy and delicious stocking stuffers. If you need some stocking inspiration, try going by a theme like “Happy Camper” (s’mores, trail mix, canned beverages) or “Get Buzzed” (coffee and coffee-flavored treats and/or alcoholic beverages).
Don’t Forget Treats For Santa
While you’re out and about on your holiday shopping day, grab some sweet treats for the Big Guy (and your late-night bites). Crumbl Cookies is our new favorite must-have with rotating, seasonal flavors (past favorites included Chilled Peppermint Oreo, Gingersnap, Red Velvet White Chip, and Eggnog). When in doubt, the classic chocolate chip cookie is always on the menu.
Plan Your Holiday Shopping Trip At The CVSC
The holidays are fast-approaching but lucky for you, the CVSC is the perfect one-stop location for stress-free shopping. So, pick an open day on your calendar, grab your favorite holiday drink, and head on over to the CVSC for a holiday shopping spree!